Wednesday, November 25, 2009

... Wasilla's all I saw ...

... ok, sooo ... I grappled with admitting, here on my open-mic blog, that I had to remind myself what a palindrome was ... well, I did ... there you have it ...

 ... I'll give you benefit of doubt, but if a reminder is needed now's y'chance ... skip and continue if you're confident ...

dictionary.com :- palindrome - noun .... a word, line, verse, number, sentence, etc., reading the same backward as forward

... the reminder helped me get a kick out of Bob Thaves' Frank and Ernest comic link sent by a friend in Texas ... she who once knit a Rasta tam big enough to house the copious hair I was
rocking at the time ...
... while I'm checking the word I expose myself to multiple examples of ... palindromes ... only now I fully understand this word-phenomenon that some of my nerd-fellows hold on a pedestal ... palindromic words, sentences, phrases, verse, numbers ... but mostly it was those first five letters I was focussed on, so off I went in search of Sarah Palin-dromes ...

... APPLICABLE TO ... - John McCain ... 'Cain, a maniac 
- David Letterman ..... evade me Dave
- Oliver Stone ...... O. Stone, be not so
- U.S. Congress .... star comedy by Democrats
- Democrats ..... no, it is opposition
- Republicans .... Dubya won? no way bud!

- Tea-baggers ... bombard a drab mob
- Health Care .... lepers repel
- Animal shelters .... senile felines
- Special-needs kids .... tug at a gut

- Iraq ... drat Saddam, a mad dastard
- Japan ...... a Toyota's a Toyota
- Hugo Chavez .... yo, banana boy!
- Ahmadinejad .... God damn mad dog
- Homeland Security ....... bar an Arab

- the Vice-Presidency ...... title fit, I felt it
- the Presidency .... first, ladies rule the state and state the rule, ladies first
- the electoral campaign .... rise to vote sir
- losing the election .... dash sin if I finish sad

- Going Rogue ... are we not drawn onward, we few, drawn onward to a new era?
 - writing a book .... I did, did I?
- parochialism ... no, slang is a signal son
- the liberal media .... harass selfless Sarah
- the Couric interview ... party boobytrap
- periodical to read for next time ... Semite Times

- wardrobegate .... too hot to hoot
- more wardrobegate .... too bad I hid a boot
- must-have glasses for next time ... mirror rim

- "I can see Russia from my porch" ... ah, Satan sees Natasha
- Madonna ..... yawn! Madonna fan? no damn way
- (Lady Gaga likely makes her gagag)
- labels ... avid diva
..... mom
..... kook
..... boob
..... Ogopogo
and .. for good measure .... I, zany Nazi


... browsing punditkitchen.com turned up this satire veritas poster definition ... I'll continue to refer to the media's popularity radar to see if this intellectual dud and her dewed eyes will be deified ... hoping she grits her teeth, says "dammit I'm mad" and runs for civic office ... maybe taking tot Carrie Prejean and her solos with her, bib provided ... ahh, so many dynamos for the old guard to level at high office ... perhaps even the top spot ... next thing you know it'll be sex at noon taxes and a doom mood at America's Obama pep rally ... wow!
...... ok ... there might be something to this ...
... one more just occurred to me ....
..... drill baby, drill ....

3 comments :

Comments Welcome. All comments previewed before publishing. Thanks for reading ACKEELOVER CHRONICLES.